Bangkok • Chiang Mai • Beyond
River Kwai Trip by Private tour Guide
The Bridge on the River Kwai has become a famous tourist attraction nowadays . Thanks to the world famous movie industry - HOLYWOOD - for making the movie 'The Bride Over The River Kwai'. Although the movie was produced over 40 years ago, people here and around the world still talk about it and want to visit the Bridge.
This sightseeing attraction was actually created by the POW (prisoners of war) and poor Asian workers who suffered due to heavy work, tragedy and betrayal. This sad story about what happened has been told and recorded many times. It teaches us a big lesson about life and reminds us of the bad effects of war.
The Concept behind The Bridge on the River Kwai Trip
The whole concept of this trip is focused on the history of the W orld War II. It begins with a visit to the Bridge, followed by a train ride along the original railroad which was built during the WWII. It will give you an idea about the level of difficulty faced by the POW . And at the same time, you will enjoy the scenic view of Kanchanaburi . Then return to the town and visit war cemetery and the museum to get an idea of what must have happened back then. However, the visiting order for these places might alter owing to the tight train schedule.
This trip would be good for visitors who like to enjoy the countryside. But you must bear in mind that you will be on the road for the round trip, which takes about 3-4 hours since streets leading to Kanchanaburi are narrow ( about 1-2 traffic lanes) and there are lots of traffic lights on the way.
Tour Code: DAY12112904
Tour Name: The River Kwai, The Bridge on the River Kwai Trip
Tour Highlights: See the real sites of World War II and listen to the story of what was happened in Kanchanaburi. Ride the scenic train through historic route. Additional option at your choice for leisure with elephant , tiger temple or swim at Erawan water fall.
Itinerary of Bangkok day tour , outside the town
06.00 Pick up from hotel
09.00 Arrive Khanchanaburi , visit The Burmese Rail way museum and Don rak War cemetary
10.30 Take scenic train ride
13.30 Optional tour
18.00-19.00 Arrive hotel , 2 hours early arrive without optional tours
The Thai-Burmese Railway Museum and the WW II Cemetery.
The Bridge over the River Kwai, or the Death Railway, constructed by a llied prisoners of war during World War II.
Take good photo shots when riding the train across the River Kwai.
Elephant ride Additional charge 600 THB / person
Elephant ride + Bamboo raft 800 THB/person
Elephant Baht & Dinner See this program - 1,500 THB/person
Tiger Temple 800 THB/person
Valid: 01/10/2011-31/10/2015Rates per person in Thai Baht
|No of Adult||1 person||2 person||3-5 Person||6-7 Person||Join Tour|
PACKAGE PRICES INCLUDED
- Sightseeing as the itinerary including admission fee as stated in program
- English speaking local guide during join tours
- Admission fee of the tour guide for the guide if applicant
- Accidental insurance for this trip (please inform all passengers name so we can apply insurance for your group)
- Private car/Van during the tour and hotel pick up and drop off
- Credit card Charge
- Express way & parking Fee
THE PRICES EXCLUDED
- Personal items & hotel incidental charges
- Meal or drink
- Government VAT
- Optional Tour
- Gratuities to the guide, driver and hotel's porter
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 500 Baht/half day tour or 1000 baht/day tour (Day tour)
- Child between 2-12 years old pay 75% of adult rate
- Child under 2 years old pay 25% of adult rate
- Payment : Credit Card Fax Form (American Express), Paypal or money wire transfer
- This package is request 30 for deposit once to secure the booking. The balance payment will be made on arrival.
To help insure you get the best tour & guide right for you,
please contact us in 1 - 3 weeks advance. (Office Hour M-F 09.00-17.30 GMT+7)
Not sure what trip is right for you? Call, Email or Skype us today and we will help you.
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Tel||+66 2 616 6007||Skype||LetsTourBangkok|