Bangkok • Chiang Mai • Beyond
Floating market and Train Market
Damnoen Saduak is the most colorful of Thailand s floating markets , about 104 km southwest of Bangkok. Visit the famous floating market, then board a canal boat and view native life along the canal banks and arrive at the market, where boats of various shapes and size, carry goods for trading such as tropical fruits, vegetables, flowers and food on wooden boats with smile of vendors.
Visitors can experience all kinds of food which are available in the market during their trip. Our recommendation would be the noodle dish, which the Thais call Koay Teaw Haeng, and rice porridge. My favorite snacks are deep fry banana and Kui Chai tod, Chinese pancake stuffed with vegetable or taro, which are sold by very old Chinese ladies on the boat.
Tour Code: DAY12032601
Tour Name: Floating Market Damnoen Saduak & Train Market
07.00 Pick from Bangkok hotel and drive to South-west dirction. Along the way, pass sea-salt farm andlocal village.
08.30 Arrive train market (private tour only)
** Train run pass Mea Klong station 8 times a day. The train sometime run late ***
to Mea Klong 08:30 , 11:10 , 14:30 and 17:40
from Mea Klong 06:00, 09:00 , 11:30 , 15:30
09.00 Continue trip to floating market . Stop at coconut farm
09.20 Take a small long boat to navigate your way through the Floating Market. The canal twists and turns around a plantation surrounded by greenery. Observe the interactions conducted between selling and buying boats of commodities like meals, snacks, drinks and goods.
11.30 Leave Floating market, on the way stop at wood craving center , if time permit.
** Private paddling boat and motor boat fee is included with the trip (TarnLuang Boat)..
Private tour stop at train market : Train Market is the unique attraction about Maeklong Railway Market which is the fact that a train runs through the market many times a day where market stalls are set up on the rails. After the siren, the vendors have to move their goods to clear a passage way for the train. Once the train is gone, the vendors push back the stalls and awnings into position and resume its business again as if nothing has happened.
Valid: 01/10/2013-31/10/2015Rates per person in Thai Baht
|No of Adult||1 person||2 person||3-5 Person||6-7 Person||Join Tour|
PACKAGE PRICES INCLUDED
- Sightseeing as the itinerary including admission fee as stated in program
- Private car/Van during the tour and hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking tour guide
- Private paddle boat and moto boat
- Admission fee of the tour guide for the guide if applicant
- Credit card Charge
- Express way & parking Fee
- Accidental insurance for this trip (please inform all passengers name so we can apply insurance for your group)
THE PRICES EXCLUDED
- Personal items & hotel incidental charges
- Meal & Drink
- Government VAT
- Optional activities
- Gratuities to the guide, driver and hotel's porter
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 500 Baht/half day tour or 1000 baht/day tour (Day tour)
- Child between 2-12 years old pay 75 % of adult rate
- Child under 2 years old pay 25% of adult rate
- Payment : Credit Card Fax Form (American Express), Paypal or money wire transfer
- This package is request 30 percent of total payment for deposit once to secure the booking. The balance payment will be made on arrival.
To help insure you get the best tour & guide right for you,
please contact us in 1 - 3 weeks advance. (Office Hour M-F 09.00-17.30 GMT+7)
Not sure what trip is right for you? Call, Email or Skype us today and we will help you.
|email@example.com||Tel||+66 2 616 6007||Skype||LetsTourBangkok|