Bangkok • Chiang Mai • Beyond
This Holiday in Thailand package offers most of highlight of the North of Thailand which is included hill tribe village trip, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, temples and elephant riding. Start your visit in Chiang Rai to go to the Golden triangle, and Mea Sai market. Drive to Chiang Mai, the most popular city of the North. Then, travel to Bangkok and continue to Kanchanaburi, the famous city of the Bridge on River Kwai and Tiger temple.
Note : You can adjust this holiday in Thailand Package or change hotel the way you like.
Tour Name : Holiday in Thailand (7D/6N)
Tour Code : PAC12052002
Day 1: Arrival Bangkok -Transfer from Airport to Bangkok Hotel (B/-/-)
Pick up from Bangkok international airport. Transfer to the Cottage Suvarnabhumi, the hotel close in order to travel to continue your flight in early of the next morning.
Accommodation in Bangkok near airport
Day 2 : Bangkok – Chiang Rai (B/-/-)
Transfer to Bangkok airport to fly to Chiang Rai for early morning flight.
Start with the royal project which the King mother initiated her project to turn opium plantation into high value vegetarian.
- Phra Tamnak Doi Tung Drive to Phra Tamnak Doi Tung, this is a beautiful royal residence and garden with scenic view at the top of the mountain. This is one of her majesty the queen mother royal successful projects.
- Phra That Doi Tung The temple's most important structures are its twin chedis or stupas which were built in Lanna style by the king of Chiang Sean in pre-Thai days. The stupas were erected to enshrine relics of the Lord Buddha's collarbone in 911. When the construction of the stupas was complete, King Achutaraj of Ngon Yang ordered a 2-Kilometer-long giant flag or Tung in Thai to be flown from the peak, which gave the mountain its name.
- Mea Sai border Head to Mea Sai, a border town with Myanmar close encounter with local trading in an open air market.
- Golden triangle Continue to Golden triangle where its border with Laos and Burma . Visit an amazing Golden triangle. Across the border to Laos by long tail boat enjoy the view along Mea Kong river .
Accommodation in iChiang Rai
Day 3: Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai (B/L/-)
Drive to Chiang Mai, on the way stop at Wat Longkhun, beautiful temple, was built in a unique style by Famous Thai architecture white construction delicate detail. It is Local temple but when you have seen, you will love it.
Visit Elephant Camp in Chiang Mai. You will see Elephant at work, bathing in river, dragging &pushing logs, responding to command and have a chance to ride on an elephant. After elephant show, we will go on bamboo rafting floating along Mea Ping river, main river of northern. See beautiful scenery along the river.
Then visit Butterfly and Orchid Nursery Farm to see a ton of Orchid nursery farm and beautiful flower in the north. Learn how to grow orchid in Thai style, see orchid product, enjoy plantation and see many kind of Butterfly in the same area. Travel back to the hotel.
Accommodation in Chiang mai
Day 4: Chiang Mai – Sightseeing (B/-/-)
In the heart of shopping area in Chiang mai, the glorious history town in Thailand.
- Visit Doi Suthep Wat Doi Suthep is situated high on the top of the mountain at an elevation,1,056 meters. The holy place will offer you a panoramic view of Chiang Mai area.
- Visit Wat Pra singh Wat Pra Singh is the most impressive temple in the city. It is the example of the northern style construction (Lanna architecture). Most beautiful building was built by golden teak wood decorated with glass mosaic on and stucco.
- Handicraft Centre at Sun Kamphaeng district. It is the largest and most popular local handicraft factories situated along 13km stretch of Chiangmai – San Kampaeng Road . Both sides of the road are lined with factories and showrooms and observe the handicraft on Lacquerware, Silverware, Hand-woven Silk & Cotton, Teak wood carving, Silver factory, Leather, delicate ceramics & celadon and world famous for cotton umbrellas and paper parasols hand painted in varieties of designs At Bor sang Village.
Accommodation in Chiang mai
Day 5: Chiang Mai – Kanchanaburi (B/-/-)
- Offerings to Monk Purify your mind and learn how to give like Thai learn a part of Buddhism. Wake up early in the morning and take a ride to Kruba sri Vichai statue give offering to monk with local people. Travel back to the hotel and have breakfast.
Leave Chiang Mai for Bangkok around 14.00 hrs arrival 15.10 hrs . Continue to Kanchanaburi
Accommodation in Kanchanaburi
Day 6 : Kanchanaburi Full Day (B/-/-)
This morning arrive the Hell Fire Pass Memorial Museum, a 500-meter long and 26-meter deep section of rock that was dug out by Prisoners of War intended to allow the 'Death Railway' to continue its route from Bangkok to Rangoon. Soldiers were forced to remove the rock using no more than picks, hammers and their bare hands. Of the 1,000 Australian and British soldiers who took 12 weeks to clear the stretch of mountain,700 died. The Hellfire Pass Memorial and Memorial Museum were set up to commemorate these fallen
Then, return to Kilen station for short scenic train ride to Tam Kasea, one of the biggest camp of prisoner of war. Then, having lunch and travel to Wat Luang Ta Bua or the well known as the Tiger temple. Here you can take your time with the real life tiger which live in temple compound.
Accommodation in Kanchanaburi
Day 7: Kanchanaburi – Bangkok – Departure (B/-/-)
End of service
Valid: 01/10/2011-31/10/2014 for green (low)seasonRates per person in Thai Baht
With 2 minimum Adult Travelers for twin sharing basis (Check exchange rate)
|Hotel class||2 person||3-5 Person||6-7 Person||Single Supplement|
|3 star hotel||28,900||22,400||17,000||5,000|
Holiday in Thailand : Hotel list
|Holiday in Thailand : Destination||Holiday in Thailand : 3 star hotel name or similar|
|Bangkok airport||The Cottage Suvarnabhumi|
|Chiang rai||Rimkok Resort|
|Chiang mai||Empress Hotel|
Holiday in Thailand : TERMS & CONDITIOS
- The package prices quoted per person are in Thai Baht based on twin share, including a private round trip airport transfer by air-conditioned car or minibus.
- The prices are subjected change due to period of peak season(Dec 20 - Jan 10), long weekend, or festivals.
- Single Supplement will be charged for staying in single room
Holiday in Thailand : PACKAGE PRICES INCLUDED
- Airport transfer.
- Accommodation is included government tax, services charges, and daily breakfast
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner) .
- Sightseeing as the itinerary including admission fee as stated in program.
- English speaking local guide during the tours
- Accidental insurance
- Credit card Charge
- Government Vat
Holiday in Thailand : THE PRICES EXCLUDED
- Other meals than those mentioned in the program.
- Personal items & hotel incidental charges.
- Personal drinks at the meal.
- Air ticket round trip Bangkok – chiang rai - Chiang mai (Thai airway rate around 9,000 Baht/person / 2way, Air asia low cost airline rate around 4,500-6,500 Baht/person/round trip)
- Gratuities to the guide, driver and hotel's porter.
- Visa fee
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 700 Baht/day
- Immigration fee
Holiday in Thailand : Remark
- Temple – It is recommended not to ware tang top and micro or mini pants or skirt to visit temple
- Tiger temple – Please do not ware short, sleeveless shirt and to bright color cloth (i.e Red, orange shocky pink)
- Child between 2-12 years old pay 75 % of adult rate
- Child under 2 years old pay 50% of adult rate
Holiday in Thailand : Map