Thailand • Cambodia • Myanmar
This Thailand budget travel is a low cost budget package, feature adventure and free & easy, suitable for individual traveller. Enjoy trekking trip to visit hill tribe village and swim on waterfall. When arrival Bangkok and Chiang mai, you will be greeted by our local expert and our guide will show you around then you can navigate around the town by your own later. We use guest house and low budget hotel and travel round trip Bangkok to Chiang mai by train. You will save and worry free.
Note : You can adjust this Thailand Budget Travel program or change hotel the way you like.
Tour Name : Thailand Budget Travel
Tour code PAC12051901
Day 1: Bangkok Arrival – Transfer to Bangkok hotel (-/-/-)
Meet our tour guide at the airport and continue to hotel. Our guide will give you overview of Bangkok, what is highlight and things visitors should do and see.
Bangkok, Thailand's major gateway, casts an irresistible spell of enchantment. To the Thais it is Krung Thep, "City of Angels", and you'll find it truly a magic place, one that captivates the imagination. Bangkok expresses Thailand's uncanny ability to blend the old with the new. Ancient palaces and Buddhist temples contrast with rising luxurious condominiums. In the midst of dynamic modern growth, this bustling metropolis still preserves plenty of cultural heritages which make the town become the national treasure house of Thailand. This lends a thrilling sense of discovery to one's sightseeing and adds an element of surprise when exploring what is the Orient's most fabled city.
Optional tour / Activities
- Dinner Cruise on Bangkok River
- Siam Niramirt Show, phenomenal show of Thailand culture
Accommodation in Bangkok.
Day 2: Bangkok – Guide Escort/half day – Overnight train (B/-/-)
Visiting the sacred and fascinating temples is highly recommended. The beautifully unique and spectacular architectures of chapels are charming. The scent of Thai history and symbolization attracts you to explore Thai revered places. Taking a long tailed boat along the Chao Praya River and seeing ruined houses right next to luxurious condominiums are fun to do. They are optional tours.
In the morning, our tour guide will give you an orientation walk around the hotel areas to show you where to visit, to eat and drink. Free time.
In the evening, meet together to go to a train station and take an over-night train ride to Chiang Mai. It takes about 13 hours to be there.
Accommodation on a local train.
Day 3 : Chiang Mai arrival – Chiang Mai city tour (-/-/-)
Chiang Mai (New City) was founded in 1296 by King Mengrai as the capital of the first independent Thai state, Lanna Thai (Kingdom of One Million Rice Fields). It became the cultural and religious center of the northern Tai, those who had migrated from southern China to dwell in Thailand, and remained so throughout the turbulent period of recurring Burmese attacks. The Burmese finally captured Chiang Mai in 1556 and occupied it until King Taksin retook the city in 1775, driving the Burmese forces back to near the present border. Burmese influence on religion, architecture, language, cuisine, and culture, however, remains strong. The city stands on the Ping River, a major tributary of the Chao Phraya River.
Upon arrival at a train station. Take a local transport to the hotel.
In the afternoon, Travel by local transport with our guide to visit Wat Phrathad Doi Suthep(A.D.1384) 3500 feet above sea-level, the most sacred temple in Northern Thailand, containing a holy relic of Lord Buddha, with a challenging flight of over 300 steps, flanked by enormous mythological Nagas. A panoramic view of the city can be seen from there. Next, drive through different parts of the city, passing old City walls, gates and city moat, markets and residential areas. Leisure time. Recommend walking and shopping at Night Bazaar is not to miss!
Accommodation in Chiang Mai hotel
Day 4 : Chiang Mai –Trekking /Join (B/L/D)
09h00 Depart from the hotel by truck. On route stop at Mae Malai local market to purchase some food and vegetables needed during the trek.
10h00 Stop at Mok Fah Waterfall for swimming and relaxation.
11h00 Transfer by truck to Baan Pang Lun for a local lunch.
13h00 Drive about half an hour along the wildly road to Huay Nam Dung National Park. Spend another 2 hours to trek from here to Baan Mae Jok, Karen village.
16h00 Arrive and explore around the village chitchatting with local people as well as joining local activities.
18h00 Dinner and over night at the village.
Accommodation in Chiang Mai hill tribe village
Day 5 : Chiang Mai – Trekking /Join (B/L/D)
08h00 Breakfast at the village.
09h00 Trek at least 3 ½ - 4 hours to the Elephant camp which’s quite impressive because you will mostly trek under the shady of green trees.
12h00 Lunch break at the camp where the guide will show his cooking skill by preparing lunch for the group. Then, take time after lunch hanging around observing natural behavior of Elephants.
14h00 Enjoy an Elephant ride through beautiful lush jungle for 1 hour to the Karen village, Bann Pang Khao Laam.
16h00 Dinner and over night at the village. There’s usually a camp fire with some entertainment (Jokes – Games – Funny Stories) lead by the guide after dinner.
Accommodation in Chiang Mai hill tribe village
Day 6 : Chiang Mai – Trekking/ Join (B/L/-)
08h00 Breakfast at the village.
08300 Take a very smooth bamboo rafting along the Mae Tang River for 1½ - 2 hours to Lahu hill tribe village at Baan Pong Ngan. Shortly break to view around visiting Lahu people and village.
11h00 Continue Exciting on the bamboo raft passing many rapids down to Shan village for 2 hours.
13h00 Lunch at Shan village.
14h30 Transfer back to Chiang Mai by local truck.
17h30 Arrive and transfer to hotel on reservation.
Accommodation in Chiang Mai Hotel
Day 7 : Chiang Mai – Bangkok (B/-/-)
Enjoy your last day in Chiang Mai. Massage and go shopping by your own before heading to take an over-night train back to Bangkok. Overnight on a local train.
Optional tour/ activities
Cooking class in Chiang mai
Biking tour in Chiang mai ancient city
Chiang rai day tour
Accommodation on a local train
Day 8 : - (-/-/-)
The train arrives at the Bangkok railway station.
End of service.
To suit your interest, our company provides other tours, an accommodation, transportation, air tickets, Indo-China tours and more. Please feel free to ask your guide or contact us.
Thailand Budget Package : End of Service
Valid: 01/10/2011-31/10/2013 for green (low)seasonRates per person in Thai Baht
With 2 minimum Adult Travelers for twin sharing basis (Check exchange rate)
|Hotel class||2 person||3-5 Person||6-7 Person||Single Supplement|
Please note this program adjustable, we can change to different hotel and travel by airplane than program above
Thailand Budget Travel : Hotel list
|Thailand Budget Travel : Destination||Thailand Budget Travel : guest house name or similar|
|Bangkok||Sawadee Smile Inn or simila|
|Overnight train||A/C sleeping train|
|Chiang mai||Smile House or similar|
|Chiang mai hill tribe village||
Very bisic room, All travelers sleep in a same areas of a big hut. (non-air conditioner and non- warm shower water) for 2 nights
Thailand Budget Travel : TERMS & CONDITIOS
- The package prices quoted per person are in Thai Baht based on twin share, including a private round trip airport transfer by air-conditioned car or minibus.
- The prices are subjected change due to period of peak season(Dec 20 - Jan 10), long weekend, or festivals.
- Accommodation is included government tax, services charges, and daily breakfast
- Single Supplement will be charged for staying in single room
- Payment: pre-pay by credit card or bank transfer must be made before arrival
Thailand Budget Travel : PACKAGE PRICES INCLUDED
- Accommodate in hotel as listed or equivalence based on twin sharing.(if book tour with hotel, not valid for tour only)
- Airport transfer.
- Train ticket round trip Bangkok – chiang mai
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner) .
- Sightseeing as the itinerary including admission fee as stated in program.
- English speaking local guide during the tours
- Accidental insurance
- Government VAT
- Credit card Charge
Thailand Budget Travel : THE PRICES EXCLUDED
- Other meals than those mentioned in the program.
- Personal items & hotel incidental charges.
- Personal drinks at the meal.
- Gratuities to the guide, driver and hotel's porter.
- Visa fee
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 700 Baht/day
- Immigration fee
- Please note this program adjustable, we can change to more economical hotel and lower cost air fare than program above
- This package is request 50 % of total rate for deposit once to secure the booking after all service confirm. The balance payment will be made on arrival.
- See terms and conditions for this package, click here.
- Local Transportation means sky train, subway, song teaw (convertible truck), local vehicles, elephant, bamboo raft and walking
- Join Tour – Please note that join tour or coach tour will pick you up at hotel lobby, please be on time and if they pick up late 5 minutes, please call us or our tour operators as reference number on voucher
- Grand Palace – Please do not ware sleeveless shirt, and short pants, breeches, knee breeches, paddle pant
- Temple – It is recommended not to ware tang top and micro or mini pants or skirt to visit temple