Floating market Tour in Thailand
The floating market is normally located in central of Thailand. But where is a famous one and is there a tour to take me there? This article will give you an answer.
Below, you may find useful information about Thailand floating market, that can help to make decisions about things to do when visit Thailand.
- Where is the top famous floating market in Thailand?
- Why so many floating markets in Thailand? how many types?
- If I want to go to floating market where is the destination for this?
- Does floating market authentic? Is it worth to visiting floating market
Trip to Floating Market Near Bangkok
Package Tour with visit to Floating Market
Where is top famous floating market in Thailand
Damoen Saduak floating market
This is the most famous floating in Thailand. When you talk about floating market , local people will think of this place. Therefore, Damoen Saduak floating market tour has been the most famous tour ever. It takes 1 hour 30 minutes to get there.
Period of visit : 08.00-12.00
Sit on the boat and enjoy a noodle, shopping or eating mango and sticky rice
Take a motor boat around to see the farm
Seeing a lot of paddling boat in the market
If you like it less busy, go there early or late to avoid other tourist.
Why so many floating market in Thailand? how many type?
When I first enter the tourism in 2003, there were 2 floating market. One is Damnoen saduak floating markets and another is a Lampraya floating market.
I think the tourism government officer realizes and started to deal with local community and promoted them to resurrect the floating market again.
When I mean resurrect, I really mean that since survival is only in Damoen Saduak floating.
Later , there are more and more floating market reborn again.
How many of floating market in Thailand?
I do not know how many of floating market in Thailand, but lets me give you a list and a little highlight of each place.
- Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Near Bangkok, a lot of paddling boat , open every day from 08.00-12.00 , a lot of tourist visit
- Lamphraya floating market
- 30 Minutes from Bangkok, local product, located on the big river, some merchant sale thing in their boat
- Thakha Floating market
- Near Bangkok about 1.3 hours, a lot of local product, open during weekend only , open in the morning and not far from Damnoen saduak floating market
- Amphawa floating market
- Near Damnoen Saduak floating market , a lot local product and yummy food , a lot of merchant sales thing on their paddling boat, open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 15:00-21:00
- Bangnamphoung floating market
- Very near to Bangkok, nice ambient like local farm, a lot of yummy food in local price , you can also cycling around , lots of Thai Tourist visit , Open around 08.00-14.00 on weekend only
- Klong Lad Mayom floating market
- Very near Bangkok, a lot of yummy product , able to visit an orchid farm, a lot of Thai tourist visits , be able to take a boat trip, Open around 08.00-14.00 on weekend only
- Klong suan floating market
- Near Suvarnabhumi airport, sale yummy local food, a lot of Thai tourist visit , Open around 07.00-14.00 on weekends only
- Pattaya floating market
- A lot of well maintain the area, it is owned by a private company so it is looking very organized, a lot of activities and souvenir shop , open every day and all day
Type of floating market
Actually, no one defines a type of floating market.
As I see, there are floating market that have a lot of boat and the one that less boat.
If I want to go to floating market where is the destination for this?
If you visit Bangkok and you can go to the floating market.
Does floating market authentic? Is it worth to visit the floating market?
Yes, most of floating market is authentic. This was the way of shopping and find food for the Thais. Only the one in Pattaya that private company creates.
Personally, I add a floating market to the trip for most visitors. I think it is a good way to see what was like in the pass event the product and service already change.
If you like the highlight and want to see the traditional way of floating markets , going there with reliable tour operators. You will like it.