Canal Tour Bangkok – Half day trip to explore city on waterway
Canal Tour Bangkok – Benefits when book with us
Start from 1 person
Excellent after sales service
Book, confirmed, then pay
Canal Tour Bangkok explore Venice of the East
Venice of the East was another name of Bangkok in the pass. With a network of over hundreds of canals connect one community with another.
The network of Bangkok Canal are branching out of the Chao Phraya River, the river of the kings, which is finally meet at the gulf of Thailand.
Preview of Bangkok Canal Tour
In the past, each bank of the Chao Phraya River had different names. On the other side of the Grand Palace was Thonburi, and the area where the Grand Palace is located was called “Bangkok”. But since 1971, both sides of the river bank have been called Bangkok.
Bangkok Canal history and its name
Bangkok is renowned as the Venice of the East. Nowadays, Bangkok doesn’t seem to need the canals anymore; we have filled up the canals to make roads instead. But examples of the old way of living on the anals can be seen on the Thonburi side.
What can you see in Bangkok Canal?
Sitting on a long-tailed boat to get into the canal is such a nice, breathtaking and relaxing journey. Besides that, you can see the way of living of the Thai people along the way, such as people swimming, cleaning clothes, dish washing, and fish feeding. It is completely serene and a scene totally in contrast to the fast growing section on the Bangkok site.
Canal Tour in Bangkok Canal and Floating Market Tour
Bangkok canal and Damnern Saduak floating market are different places. The Damnern Saduak floating market is outside the town. Meanwhile, the Bangkok canal is in the city which is located in Thonburi area. There are a couple of floating market, which is located in Bangkok canal area which is Klong Ladmayom and Taladnam Taling chan. All sightseeing is similar and different . Outside of town floating market has more number of trees and farm. Meanwhile, floating market near Bangkok or near Bangkok canal is like shopping and snacking place for local tourist.
What is the best time to take Bangkok Canal Tour?
Obviously, you can visit the Bangkok Canal when you are in Bangkok. Well, I highly recommend visiting Bangkok Canal very early in the morning or evening during sunset. This is simply because you will be able to see more local activities at this hour as opposed to large
Related Product.Visit Royal Temple, travel along the river of the King and visit Grand Palace for full day.Travel the canal tour in the late afternoon
Canal Tour Bangkok : Itinerary
08.00 or 13.00 hrs pick up from hotel
Travel to Bangkok Canal by motor boat, which is renowned as long-tailed boat. The boat pass the Royal Barges Museum, the beautiful ornament boat, which has been used in royal procession. The royal procession on the water way is for a big cerebration of the Thai Monarch or royal religious ceremony. Visitors will have a chance to observe part of the Thai belief and the secret activities during their visit. Along the way, pass by the most famous royal temple, the temple of Dawn, or Wat Arun. View Bangkok’s most stunning landmark, the Pang, before returning to your hotel.
|08.00||Pick up from Hotel|
|08.30||Arrival Ta Chang or River side Pier|
|08.45||Boarding Long tail boat , the boat go to Bangkok Canal, pass temples, schools and local communities|
|09.30||Arrival Wat Arun and take a short visit for 30 minute|
|12.00||Travel to hotel|
Boat ride trip around 1-1.3 hours by estimate
Terms & Conditions
PACKAGE PRICES INCLUDED
- Sightseeing as the itinerary including admission fee as stated in program
- Private car/Van during the tour and hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking tour guide
- Admission fee of the tour guide for the guide if applicant
- Accidental insurance for this trip (please inform all passengers name so we can apply insurance for your group)
- Credit card Charge
- Express way & parking Fee
THE PRICES EXCLUDED
- Personal items & hotel incidental charges
- Meal & Drink
- Government VAT
- Optional activities
- Gratuities to the guide, driver and hotel’s porter
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 500 Baht/half day tour or 1000 baht/day tour (Day tour)
Canal tour Bangkok : Remark
- Child between 2-12 years old pay 75 % of adult rate
- Child under 2 years old pay 25% of adult rate
- Payment : Credit Card Fax Form (American Express), Paypal or money wire transfer
- This package is request 30 percent of total payment for deposit once to secure the booking. The balance payment will be made on arrival.
- Thai Temple & royal Palace: It is more appropriate to avoid wearing sleeveless, short and mini skirt
- Customer must embark and disembark to the boat which is high elevated platform. We do not recommend the elderly, and disable person to take this tour
|Private Tour Available: 10||3,430 ฿/pp||1,930 ฿/pp||1,500 ฿/pp||970 ฿/pp|