Thailand • Cambodia • Myanmar
The Grand Palace Bangkok is a palace where the former kings used to live. It is a spiritual centre, a centre of Thai Art, where you can understand the royal way of living. This is a 'must see' place for all visitors to Bangkok. The Thai kings stopped living in the palace full time around the early twentieth century, but the complex remains the seat of power and the spiritual heart of the Thai kingdom. This palace was used as a work place and a meeting place with the people, Thai nobility and diplomatic democracy.
Grand Palace built
The Grand Palace is one of the major tourism attractions in Bangkok. It was built in 1782 by King Rama I. The palace occupies an area of 60 acres of land and is situated on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. The Grand Palace was not only home to the King and his court, but also the entire administrative seat of the government.
Temple inside the Grand Palace Bangkok
The Emerald Buddha Temple, which lies in the northeast section of the Grand Palace, is one of the most important temples. The most sacred Buddha image enshrines there.
The buildings are decorated with colorful glass mosaics, gold leaves, delicately carved wood, Chinese porcelain and grand mural paintings. The palace is the centre of Thailand's pride. Because the palace surpasses all other immaculate architecture that exists in Thailand, you can be sure.
How to get there?
The Grand Palace is located in the old city area. You cannot miss this place. It is popularly known to the Thai people as Wat Prakeaw. Getting to the Grand Palace is easy but the easiest way is to come with us. There are many options such as to walk, to take the bus, boat bus, taxi or motorcycle, or to go there through a tour company. It depends on your hotel location and the type of transportation available from there.
Please keep in mind that the Grand Palace is open every day from 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. However, some sections may remain closed if there are ceremonies going on.
Advice to visit the Grand Palace
As you know, this is the spiritual heart of the nation, and if you want to hear a story that cannot be found in a guide book, we highly recommend you to at least book a good tour, or to find good tour guide to accommodate you for the trip. A good tour guide can tell stories related to the beliefs, religion and culture, unless you just want to take a picture!
Tour Name : Bangkok Grand Palace
Tour Code : Bangkok Grand Palace
Travel to the Grand Palace. Before entering the main gate to the temple of the Emerald Buddha, stop by the Royal Regalia Museum to see the beauty of decorative jewelry, which used to be ornament of the royal officers and consorts. Walk in to enjoy the beauty of the temple of The Emerald Buddha. Visit the most sacred Buddha statue of the nation there, and enjoy the stunning buildings which you cannot miss taking photos of, every time you turn around. Get into the second court where the major throne halls are located. Visit inside the Amarin Tharawinitchai throne and the Dusit Mahaprasart throne.
08.00 - Pick up from hotel
08.30 - 11.00 - Enterting the Grand Palace and enjoy the tour
12.00 - Return to Hotel
** Or start the tour in afternoon at 13.00 which is less tourist
Valid: 01/10/2011-31/10/2013Rates per person in Thai Baht
|No of Adult||1 person||2 person||3-5 Person||6-7 Person||Join Tour|
If you want to see the Grand palace in dept with Historian professional, we can arrange with additional charge 6,000 Baht
- The package prices quoted per person are in Thai Baht based on twin share, including a private round trip airport transfer by air-conditioned car or minibus
Grand Palace Bangkok : PACKAGE PRICES INCLUDED
- Sightseeing as the itinerary including admission fee as stated in program
- English speaking local guide during join tours
- Admission fee of the tour guide for the guide if applicant
- Accidental insurance
- Government VAT
- Credit card charge
- Express way & parking fee
THE PRICES EXCLUDED
- Personal items & hotel incidental charges
- Meal or drink
- Gratuities to the guide, driver and hotel's porter
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 700 Baht/day
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 500 Baht/half day tour or 1000 baht/day tour (Day tour)
- Child between 2-12 years old pay 75% of adult rate
- Child under 2 years old pay 25% of adult rate
- Payment : Credit Card Fax Form (American Express), Paypal or money wire transfer
- This package is request 30 for deposit once to secure the booking. The balance payment will be made on arrival.
- Grand Palace - Please do not ware sleeveless shirt, and short pants, breeches, knee breeches, paddle pant
View Larger Map