Phuket Attractions: Things to do in Phuket
Phuket is one of the most popular travel destinations in Asia. There are many beautiful sightseeing places such as beaches with crystal clear water, white sand on islands, old Phuket town, cultural show, Phuket temples and more.
Temple & sightseeing
- Wat Chalong, of the many temples found on Phuket Island, the Wat Chalong temple is the largest and most revered.
- The Big Buddha Phuket is a seated Maravija Buddha statue in Phuket, Thailand.
- Wat Khao Rang enjoys a great location in Phuket Town, sitting on the slope of the popular Khao Rang (Rang Hill).
- Jui Tui Shrine is a popular Chinese temple that plays a pivotal part in the annual Phuket Vegetarian Festival
- Wat Phra Thong is a very old temple with an incredible legend behind it, the kind of story that irresistibly attracts people
- Wat Srisoonthorn is known for the immense golden Buddha reclining at the top of a large building in the ‘Pang Sai Yat’ posture, which corresponds to “Realizing Nirvana”
- Wat Phranang Sang is the oldest temple in Phuket
- Wat Suwan Khuha is a surprising cave sheltering an immense reclining golden Buddha
- Kiew Tien Keng Shrine, There are artistic images of various deities on the altars and quite a few life-size statues here and there.
- Kathu Shrine has shared a long history with Phuket’s Vegetarian Festival and is known as the original home of the festival.
Beach & Island
- Phi Phi Island
- James Bond Island
- Koh Panyi
- Phang Nga Bay
- Racha Island
- Koh Yao Islands
- Koh Khai Islands
- Patong Beach
- Kata Beach
- Karon Beach
- Kamala Beach
- Mai Khao Beach
- Bangtao Beach
- Nai Harn Beach
- Surin Beach
- Kata Noi Beach
- Ya Nui Beach
- Freedom Beach
- Layan Beach
- Rawai Beach
- Nai Yang Beach
- Laem Singh Beach
- Promthep Cape Phuket
- Karon Viewpoint
- Phuket Fantasea Show, cultural theme park that has become the ultimate in night-time entertainment on the resort island of Phuket
- Siam Niramit Phuket, one of the largest stage productions in the world
- Simon Caberet Show, The evening of glamourous entertainment is without doubt you will experience of Phuket’s Best Cabaret Show, this is such a special night of entertainment.
- Soi Bang la walking street, the road is closed to vehicle traffic and becomes a 400 metre festival of neon lights, loud music and cheap beer.
- Night Clubs
- Sunset Bars
- Live music hard rock café
- Gay Bar Phuket
- Thai Boxing match show
- Phuket Weekend Market
- Phuket Walking Street is the latest attraction featured in Phuket Old Town. Also-known-as Lardyai (talaad yai), which means ‘big market’ in southern Thai dialect
- Dino Park, play mini golf within a unique environment.
Adventure & Water Activities
- Flying Hanuman Zip line
- White water rafting
- Quad bike ATV Tour
- Zorbing in Phuket
- Rock Climbing
- Trekking at Phang Nga
- Sea Kayaking
Things to do with animal
- Elephant Sanctuary Phuket
- Phuket Zoo and Animal Park
- Tiger Kingdom Phuket
- Phuket Aquarium
- Phuket Bird Paradise
- Dolphins Bay Phuket
Food & Gourmet
- Raya Restaurant (ระย้า ภูเก็ต), Lunch in Phuket Town Do not miss Raya Restaurant, Thai house old style and classic
- Tu Kab Khao Restaurant (ตู้กับข้าว), restaurant is in old building in the middle of the city looks more magical and has a character. The food taste is excellent. Spice like authentic southern food.
- One Chun Restaurant (วันจันทร์), The highlight of this cool Phuket restaurant is that the style of the shop is a bit old, decorated with antiques, enhancing the classic atmosphere harmonious with the old Phuket town.
- Ko Ben Khao Tom Haeng (โกเบ๊นซ์ข้าวต้มแห้ง), Dried Boiled Rice This restaurant is one of the famous in Phuket city. That has a lot of people waiting in queue.
- Yok Sod Super Leng (ยกซด super เล้ง), it is good about the deliciousness of Leng menu. That spilled chili together unceasingly. It is a unique formula that is unparalleled.
- Khun Yai Chian Sapam Noodle (หมี่สะปำคุณยายเจียร), Phuket people are probably familiar with the name of this great Phuket restaurant. Because it is an old Phuket restaurant has been with Phuket people for over 50 years, with the softness of the Hokkien noodles for cooking and the freshness of shrimp, mussels and squid.
- Moom Manee Seafood (มุขมณี ซีฟู้ด), Coming to Phuket How to miss fresh seafood? This restaurant is a famous Phuket restaurant that has been open for a long time near Rawai Beach. This restaurant has a variety of fresh seafood to order.
Patong Beach (หาดป่าตอง)
15 kilometers from town, Patong is Phuket’s most popular and developed beach which serve a variety of entertainment such as excellent nightclubs, bars, high-quality restaurants providing fresh seafood. Also, it offers shopping centers, white sand beach with crystal clear water and water sports. Definitely, it is a paradise of snorkelers and divers. It is regarded as one of the world’s Top 10 diving sites.
Laem Phromthep (แหลมพรหมเทพ)
Phromthep Cape is located between Kata and Rawaii and it is a headland forming the extreme south end of Phuket. “Phrom” is Thai for the Hindu term, “Brahma,” signifying purity, and “Thep” means ‘God.’ Local villagers used to refer to the cape as “Laem Chao”, or the God’s Cape. Indeed, it is so romantic to see the sunset there.
View Point (จุดชมวิว)
This is located midpoint between Nai Han and Kata beaches. The scenic Kata Noi, Kata and Karon beaches, and Ko Pu Island can be viewed from this point. Do not miss sunrise and sunset!
Every beach in Phuket is unique in their ways. If you’re someone who likes to surf “Kalim beach” is a must for you cause this is one of the best surfing spot in Phuket located just north of Patong beach.
Oh wait, don’t want to do any activity just wanna chill? No problems we have a place for you. “Tri Tra Beach” also known as “Emerald Beach” It is about 2km south of Patong. This is an open beautiful and sunny beach perfect for sunbathing plus, it’s not as crowded as Karon or Patong.
By the way, did you know that Phuket is a world class diving destination? The Andaman Sea offers the ideal diving destination. If you have never done any diving before then this is the best time to get your PADI certificate during your vacation in Phuket, recommend dive sites are Patong Bay, Freedom Beach and Paradise Beach. These sites offer easy and pleasant diving in shallow water (mostly 5 to 6 meters) and easily reached from shore making them popular.
After having relaxing day at the beach are you ready for a wild nightlife in Patong? This place is full of nightlife entertainment such as Bars and restaurants, Cabaret shows, Gay clubs and other bizarre things that are waiting for you to come and experience.
Wat Chalong (วัดฉลองหรือวัดไชยธาราราม)
This is located in the Southern section of the island. It is the temple where the monk statue of Luang Pho Cham houses. He helped the people of Phuket put down the Angyee, or Chinese Coolie Rebellion, in 1876 during the reign of Rama V. There are also statues of Luang Pho Chuang, and Luang Pho Cham, abbots of the temple during later times.
Big Buddha Statue (พระใหญ่)
One of the newest Phuket attractions is the Big Buddha Statue which is located on the top of a large hill overlooking the island and the Andaman Sea. The Big Buddha statue in Phuket is over 45 meters in height and cost nearly 1 million dollars to build.
Old Phuket Town (ย่านเมืองเก่าภูเก็ต)
It is not like the other places in town. The building and shop are in Sino-Portuguese style. There are various kinds of authentic food serve in excellent restaurants. The mix of colonial and Chinese architectures is amazing and it’s interesting to see those buildings in Phuket.
The international shopping and leisure destination in Patong, Phuket claimed to be the largest and the most modern shopping center in the southern part of Thailand. It has 4 zones, including;
- Silang Boulevard, which decorated in Tropical resort style it has International fast food, Sports World, Fashion, That’s Siam and Food haven.
- The Port is an outdoor area with a huge pond and plenty of shaded trees. The main focal point is a 20 meter life-sized reproduction of a Chinese Junk Boat. From 7:00pm – 9:00pm there’s a musical fountain that is synchronized with lights, sounds and the special multimedia movies which projected on water screen.
- Sino Phuket in this area, shop and buildings are decorated in Sino-Portuguese style. It has many international cuisines with excellent food and a bustling nightlife including bars, restaurants, lounges, wine bars, pool and more.
- Phuket Square this is a heaven for Shopaholic, it has all kinds of leading shops like Robinson, Big C extra, SF cinema city, SF strike bowl and IT Island for electronic lovers.
Phuket Fantasea (ภูเก็ตแฟนตาซี)
Travelling to Phuket is not only to swim or relax on the beaches, but seeing Phuket Fantasea Cultural show is something you cannot miss! With this show, you will understand Thai culture and tradition more. There are pyro effects in some scene and animals play a part in the show.
Simon Cabaret Show (ไซม่อน คาบาเร็ต โชว์)
No one does not know Simon Cabaret show, cause this is one of the wonderful attractions in Phuket. This wonderful cabaret show performed by gracious Thai lady boys whom you cannot realize that those are men!
Siam Niramit Phuket (สยามนิรมิต ภูเก็ต)
Siam Niramit is a large entertainment complex located on the Bypass Road in the northwestern area of Phuket Town. It has a large theatre with 100 performers play a three acts, cultural show every night. The show includes Thai History, Thai mythology, and Thai traditions. They presented in a colorful and lively show using some of the latest effects and on the outside, they allowed visitors to look around the typical villages of the four main regions of Thailand as well as a floating market and some outdoor performances.
Bangla Road (ถนนบางลา)
The nightlife of Phuket is famous around the world and is one of the main attractions for many travelers visiting Phuket. If you want to experience the Phuket nightlife at its best, then be sure to plan an evening visit to Bangla road in Patong. There are excellent nightclubs, bars and restaurants along the road.