Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Thai Language and Useful easy Thai word
Thai Language By guide Eng and Nong Som
Easy and Thai language basic Conversation
We’re gonna show you some of the basics word and sentences that will become useful when you live in Thailand.
First of all Thai people always say Krab (for men) or Ka (for women) after the sentence. It doesn’t have any meaning but using it shows that you are being polite. We usually use it with someone who’s older than you but not with someone at the same age or younger.
Now let’s look at some basic conversation:
• Hello – Sawasdee Krab / Ka
• How are you? – Sabai dee mai Krab / Ka ?
• I’m good and you? – Sabai Dee Krab / Ka Laew Khun La?
• My name is…. – Phom Chue……. Krab (for men), Di Chan Chue…… Ka (for women)
• Thank you – Khob Khun Krab / Ka
(ขอบคุณครับ / ค่ะ)
• Sorry – Kor Tod Krab / Ka
(ขอโทษครับ / ค่ะ)
• How much? – Tao Rai Krab / Ka?
(เท่าไหร่ครับ / คะ?)
• Discount please? – Lod Dai Mai Krab / Ka (with begging face haha)
(ลดได้ไหมครับ / คะ?)
Thai language app
Learn Thai : for easy app for tourist and expats to learn easy Thai word in daily life more than 200+ commons words and phrase . The app develop by the local people which make the pronunciation are accurate. App can change between female and male too. Download app from App store and google play. There are free and charge money version.
Speak Thai by TAT or Tourism Authority of Thailand
More than 2500+ words in the app can make your Thailand trip easy and convenience. The program is well designed for tourist . You can use English, French and Japanese .
Fun Thai Tongue Twister to Help You Practice Sounds and Tones In Thai
• Krai Kaai Kai Gai (ใครขายไข่ไก่?)
(Who sells the chicken eggs?)
• Ranong, Rayong, Yala (ระนอง ระยอง ยะลา)
• Muu Meuk Goong (หมู หมึก กุ้ง)
(Pork, Squid, Shrimp)
• Yak yai lai yak lek, yak lek lai yak yai (ยักษ์ใหญ่ไล่ยักษ์เล็ก ยักษ์เล็กไล่ยักษ์ใหญ่)
(A big giant is chasing after small giant)
Tips & Tricks for Speaking Thai Language
Even it is not easy for a foreigner to pronounce Thai word correctly, here are some recommendations:
• The rising tone is approximately similar to English when indicating a question.
• The falling tone is like when you are calling someone’s name from far away.
• The low and high tones are pronounced near the relative bottom and top of your vocal range.
• Don’t be afraid to make mistakes!
However, don’t let that intimidate you from trying and don’t be afraid to make mistakes!. Most Thais don’t expect a foreigner to be able to speak any of Thai language. On the other hand, Thais appreciate when foreigners make an effort to speak their language.
Plus, it’s a sure bet that when bargaining for prices, the foreigner who speaks a smattering of Thai or a fairly small of Thai word will get discounted prices at shops and markets. Besides they can make friends among the locals.:)