Jim Thompson – Half Day Tour Bangkok – Thai Silk Legendary’s House
Jim Thomson – Benefits when book with us
Start from 1 person
Excellent after sales service
Book, confirmed, then pay
Who is Jim Thomson?
Jim Thomson is American soldier and came to Thailand after Second World War. He is a founder of the world famous Thai silk company. His beautiful Thai house is now converted as a museum. It contains many collections of ancient Thai arts and artifacts.
What is his collection?
On permanent display are Thompson’s collection of Asian artifacts, such as blue-while China ware, Cambodian stone figures, benjarong multicolored porcelain made in China, wooden Burmese statues and many other fabulous antiques. he house, located along one of Bangkok’s few remaining canals, originally came from outside Bangkok and was assembled from six smaller houses combined into one. Made entirely of teak, Thompson used classic Thai architecture to create a unique house which houses a collection of Asian art and artifacts, ranging from hair ornaments to stone sculptures. Guided tours show you around the house which also contains a coffee shop in the delightful garden. Place definitely worth a visit.
How to get there?
The easiest way to get there is by sky train at the national stadium station and walk to the end of alley name Kaseamsan Soi 2. They open from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Jim Thomson Thai house museum : Itinerary
Tour highlight: visit The Jim Thompson Thai House Museum, home of the legendary Thai silk. Jim Thompson, founder of the Thai Silk Company, houses an exquisite Southeast Asian Art. Then, visit Bann Klua Muslim area to see how to make hand-made silk.
|8:00||Pick up at the hotel’s lobby|
|8:50||Explore the Jim Thomson House Museum, a traditional-style teak house, built in 1959, is equally impressive. A complex of six traditional Thai houses that were shipped here from various parts of Thailand, it contains his extensive collection of Thai art and antiques such as blue-white Chinaware, Cambodian stone figures and Benjarong (a multi-colored porcelain made in China). Now a museum, it appears just how he left it before his mysterious disappearance in 1967. Continue to Bann Klua Muslim area where local people produce silk in the middle of the city. Also, it is the place where Mr. Jim Thomson got Thai silk to export in those day.|
|10:50||Transfer to the hotel|
Terms and Conditions
PACKAGE PRICES INCLUDED
- Sightseeing as the itinerary including admission fee as stated in program
- English speaking local guide during join tours
- Admission fee of the tour guide for the guide if applicant
- Credit card Charge
THE PRICES EXCLUDED
- Personal items & hotel incidental charges
- Government VAT
- Meal or drink
- Accidental insurance
- Express way & parking Fee
- Gratuities to the guide, driver and hotel’s porter
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 700 Baht/day
- Third language speaking guide charge extra 500 Baht/half day tour or 1000 baht/day tour (Day tour)
Jim Thomson : Remark
- Child between 2-12 years old pay 75 % of adult rate
- Child under 2 years old pay 25% of adult rate
- Payment : Credit Card Fax Form (American Express), Paypal or money wire transfer
- This package is request 30 for deposit once to secure the booking. The balance payment will be made on arrival.
|Private Tour Available: 10||2,570 ฿/pp||1,500 ฿/pp||1,070฿/pp||860 ฿/pp|